WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED FOR A WEDDING IN SEYCHELLES?
Update 25th March 2021
Seychelles entry regulation from March 2022 onward:
- Fully vaccinated travellers (3 shots of COVID19 vaccine) don’t need a PCR test to enter Seychelles.
- If you are not fully vaccinated a negative COVID19 PCR test made within 72 hours before departing to Seychelles
- and you must register for your trip at Seychelles.govtas.com
- additionally, all couples need travel insurance covering COVID19
Seychelles Wedding Documents required
For a civil Seychelles wedding, couples must send us the following documents by email:
1. Copies of your passports (page with your photo)
2. Copies Birth Certificate
3. If previously married: Divorce decree or similar
4. If widowed: Death certificate of a former spouse
5. If your name has changed: Provide legal proof
* All documents (points 2 – 5 have to be in English or French language. If your documents are in a different language you need certified translations of the documents. For some languages, we can assist you with the translation.
* If you are missing may one of the listed documents, send us an email we may help.
* Once we have received and confirmed the documents we start the paperwork with the local Registrar.
* When you travel to Seychelles, you must bring a set of hard copies of the documents.
Discover BEST PRICE HOTELS in Seychelles for Wedding Couples
- The marriage will be conducted in English or French language by on official Seychelles registrar in accordance with Seychelles’ Law.
- Minimum Age of either or both parties 18 years, if either party are less than 18 years a parent or legal guardian must accompany applicants.
- At the end of the ceremony, you and the witnesses have to sign the wedding certificate.
- The wedding will be held at a beach venue on the island you are staying.
- We arrange all documents for you in Seychelles, that you can enjoy your stay. You do not have to visit any office at all.
- For the civil wedding ceremony, 2 witnesses are mandatory, in case you are traveling alone, we provide 2 witnesses on a complimentary basis.
- Weddings are held from Mondays to Fridays. For weddings held on a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and public holidays, a supplementary charge is to be paid and can be booked only request-basis, for confirmation at the discretion of the registrar’s office. The weekend/public holiday fee is 180€ (as of March 2021)
- It is recommended to held beach wedding ceremonies during weekdays (Monday to Friday) as beaches are less crowded.
French nationals are required to file an application with the French Embassy on Mauritius before their marriage and follow the procedure as outlined by the French authorities.
UAE residents require the UAE Embassy attested documents package to file the marriage with the UAE authorities, read: How to file the marriage in UAE
Swiss nationals have to provide a Wohnsitzbescheinigung/Residence Certificate and Personenstandsausweis/certificat d’état civil. As the marriage will be registered with the Swiss Consul in Seychelles, bring 2 sets of document copies to Seychelles.
Russian nationals must have their Seychelles wedding certificate translated into Russian language and stamped by the Russian embassy on Mahè. The translation & attestation service fee is 70€.
Visa/Entry Formalities Seychelles
Seychelles is a visa-free country but a visitor’s permit may be obtained upon arrival at the Seychelles International Airport.
Present the following documents to the immigration officer to get a visitor permit:
- Your Passports, valid at least 6 months after the estimated departure date
- A valid return or onward flight tickets for the duration of the visit
- Confirmed accommodation, e.g. hotel booking, hotel voucher
Find more info and get answers to common questions at the FAQs.